FAQ

1. What is this site?
2. Who is Le Driver?
3. Can I submit something?
4. Why does this site have ads?
5. What are the best settings to view the site?
6. Isn't there another site called RPG Blog?
7. Why a blog?



1. What is this site?
RPG Blog opened on the 14th of May, 2007. There are many RPG news sites out there, but I felt the web needed a site which dealt with roleplaying games and roleplaying gamers as part of a distinct culture - a site which captures the feel and unique features of RPGs. Achieving this will always be the main focus of the site.

Another aim is to achieve a constantly evolving experience. The best gaming blogs offer a constant stream of interesting and fresh content, meaning each return visit is rewarding. There's nothing worse than visiting a site each day to find no new content for long stretches of time. I'll do my best to offer several new and interesting items each day.

2. Who is Le Driver?
I'm the sole owner of RPG Blog and author of its content, unless otherwise noted. I'm a university student. I like games. I've created too many websites to keep track of over the years, including a band fan-site, a guide to world-building, various blogs, and other projects I've probably forgotten. My first site was uploaded to GeoCities when I was 12 - it was dedicated to writing fantasy stories, and its most memorable feature was lime-green text on a huge background image of a dragon. It was probably unreadable to anyone but myself. Then again, I was most likely the site's only visitor.

My most recent gaming credit is The Elder Scrolls Traveler, a site dedicated to the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and its expansion pack.

3. Can I submit something?
I'm always on the look-out for important or interesting RPG news to put on this site. If you think something might qualify but you aren't sure, send it anyway. I'm nice. I won't bite.

If you'd like to write an article for the site - something on a particular game, or fantasy/sci-fi movie, or roleplaying games in general, let me know about your idea and I'll tell you if it's suitable for the site and help you flesh it out. It's hard work maintaining a site on your lonesome and I would be more than happy to showcase other writers.

Send submissions/news tips to ledriver at gmail dot com. (I write it like that to avoid spam trawlers, not to be a wanker.)

4. Why does this site have ads?
I would love to purchase a domain name for this site, rather than the crappy blogspot address. The dilemma? I'm a poor student.

I hate ads as much as the next person, but I do think the ads on RPG Blog are more subtle than those on most sites. I use Google's AdSense, which allows me to change the colours of the ads to match the template (so they're not visually distracting), and control their size. AdSense also searches your site for particular keywords in order to work out its theme and displays ads which are relevant to that theme. Thus, most of the ads are about roleplaying games - many of which are actually pretty good and the site's users might enjoy.

5. What are the best settings for viewing RPG Blog?

This site looks best in, and is frequently tested in, Firefox at 1024 x 768.

6. Isn't there another site called RPG Blog?

Yes, so I discovered after creating this site. But considering it has been un-operational since since December 2006, and it doesn't look like the author is coming back, I don't think there's a problem.

7. Why a blog?


Because they're easy, and free, and instantaneous. Because you can comment on posts. Because Blogger provides free image hosting. They're just good.

digg this: | posted by Natasha, 12:39 AM |

previously on rpg blog...

about the author

Natasha is a political science student, a gamer, a writer, an armchair philosopher, and a geek. Her first cRPG was Castle of the Winds.

contact the author